Tips and Tricks
 Renaming Atrribute Tags
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jjimenez

USA
8 Posts

Posted - May 03 2006 :  4:58:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit jjimenez's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is there a script to rename attribute tags in existing drawings?

n/a
deleted

112 Posts

Posted - May 03 2006 :  5:26:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
jjimenez:

I believe I have created a script in the past using the attached file to accomplish what you are inquiring about. You will have to rename the .TXT extension to .LSP. Then create a script to load the lisp file on one line and "ATAG" on the next line to run the lisp file. Test it on something you have backed up!!

You will have to edit the block name, tag name, and new prompt withing the lisp file with a text editor. I left instructions in the file. It only works on one tag at a time, tho.

I hope it helps. (It's something I downloaded from someone else, so I can't take any credit: whether it helps or destroys.)

Download Attachment: Change Attribute Tag.txt
1.78 KB

Steve Bubendorf
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

112 Posts

Posted - May 03 2006 :  5:28:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I forgot to mention that you should leave out the quotes in "ATAG" when you enter it on the 2nd line of your script.

Steve Bubendorf
Go to Top of Page

jjimenez

USA
8 Posts

Posted - May 03 2006 :  7:32:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit jjimenez's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm not a lisp programmer and I'm not sure where to replace the Tag name in the lisp file. The name of my block is "TblockF" and the the tag name I'm trying to change is "CAD-NO" to "CAD_NO" can you show me where they actually go in the lisp file? Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

112 Posts

Posted - May 04 2006 :  10:27:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
jjimenez:

I found that the previous file changed the prompt and not the tag name. I did some surfing and found and slightly modified the attached file for your specific usage.

You will have to rename the file to CATAG.LSP and place it in the folder with your drawings or in the AutoCAD search path.

Next create the following two line script exactly (with parentheses and quotes):
(load "CATAG")
CATAG

I tested it here based on the information you provided. It seemed to work.

BY THE WAY: I started a previous reply and got a little careless with the mouse. I'm not sure where the reply went. It may show up on the forum prior to this post. Please disregard it. It was sent prematurely by accident.

Download Attachment: CATAG.TXT
2.29 KB

Steve Bubendorf
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Hurricane Forum © 2009 - 2021 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000