Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Hurricane for AutoCAD
 Tips and Tricks
 Script Help (Insert drawing into new drawing)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cwthomas

USA
5 Posts

Posted - September 07 2004 :  09:36:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit cwthomas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I need to know if anyone has a script that will open an new drawing and insert an existing drawing from a list of drawings into it and then save it.We have to do this because some of our drawings are setup for the wrong plot style type (.ctb). We want them to be (.ctb) color-dependant. Unless someone has another idea of doing this that I didn't think of. Please let me know.

Curt Thomas

gdury

United Kingdom
19 Posts

Posted - September 07 2004 :  10:10:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit gdury's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Curt

Can you clarify...are you trying to convert a *.stb to a *.ctb or vice-a-versa.
or insert another *.ctb from another drawing into a specific drawing.

Regards

Graham Dury

Graham Dury - G.L.Draughting Ltd, Contract Draughting Services
Go to Top of Page

cwthomas

USA
5 Posts

Posted - September 07 2004 :  11:09:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit cwthomas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We are trying to convert a *.stb to a *.ctb. Is there a quick way to convert this? What we have been doing is opening a new drawing then inserting the drawing with the *.stb into the new drawing so it will use a *.ctb. I hope this answers your question. If not let me know.

Thanks,

Curt Thomas

Curt Thomas
Go to Top of Page

gdury

United Kingdom
19 Posts

Posted - September 07 2004 :  11:46:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit gdury's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Curt

Depends upon the Autocad product you are using Full or Lt, Check out the following link:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=2879162&linkID=2475323

Also the Hurricane script file which can be used to batch convert.

CONVERTPSTYLES.SCR

Graham Dury - G.L.Draughting Ltd, Contract Draughting Services
Go to Top of Page

cwthomas

USA
5 Posts

Posted - September 07 2004 :  12:23:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit cwthomas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Graham,

That solved our problem. Thanks for your help.

Curt Thomas
Go to Top of Page

Miksteele
Hurricane-Extreme User

USA
216 Posts

Posted - September 07 2004 :  12:25:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Miksteele's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In addition to the LT -vs- Full blown version capabilities... I believe the CONVERTPSTYLES command only works in AutoCAD versions 2002 and higher. Could be way off...

As far as creating a script for a NEW drawing and the insertion... I have found that the best approach for a new script is to type in commands on the command line and then use Hurricane's Capture Feature to create the script. Just keep in mind that a script needs to be command line driven, no dialog boxes. So...for a new drawing type in NEW. And then when you work your way to the insert command, you'll need to type in -insert

See if this gets you started in the right direction...

Mike Fischer
Fischer Design Group, LLC
Building Model Coordination - Steel Detailing - Connection Design
www.FischerDesignGroup.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Hurricane Forum © 2009 - 2021 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000