New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tjacobse
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - April 04 2012 :  10:50:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Greetings,

As the new R&D engineer in my firm I have been given the task to update the Title Blocks in some hundreds of DWG's spread accross different projects to include a new drawing code for archiving and communication purposes.
To my great delight I came across Hurricane which would allow me to do this without opening each and every drawing and editing the title block manually. Thanks so much for this fantastic piece of software!

No for my problem: I need to include the drawing filename (.dwg) in the title block. I have been able to do this but I would like leave out a portion of the filename.

An example of a filename used by our firm for drawings: A-10-201-RevC

What I would like to do is include the filename in the title block of each drawing yet leave out the "-RevC" (since this describes the revision number which is already included in the revision table. So I would like the title block to include a line stating: A-10-201.

I think it should be to difficult to do this, yet I am no programmer....

Thanks in advance for any advice

tjacobse
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - April 04 2012 :  10:57:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since my first post I have already figured out a solution for the problem. I figured I tried everything, but ofcourse just after my first post I realized I could use the $FIRSTFILECHARS& command to input the first portion of the filename!

Thanks again for the great software!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Hurricane Forum © 2009 - 2021 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000