The Hurricane Forum
The Hurricane Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Hurricane for AutoCAD
 General Discussion
 re-XLR8-CAD

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Attach a File

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - March 01 2006 : 07:01:20 AM
Hi I would like to know if there are any other users of xlr8-cad out there and how to go about getting any new upgrades down loaded. I have tried several times to log onto the XLR8-CAD website but seem to walk into a brick wall each time. I bought the package about 8 months ago and have been working with it since. However on the 27th February for some reason or the other it would not allow me access. If there is anyone who can advise me on how to rectify the proble I would appreciate it very much. Have a great day.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sloopy Posted - August 16 2012 : 07:02:37 AM
Just to let anyone know - XLR8cad is very much alive. I am taking code from the decompiled fas files and re-writing it in lisp. Is there anyone out there who wants to help bring this excelent 3D software back to life? Please join me and togther we can form co-operative and maybe even crack the intallation codes.
n/a Posted - July 14 2006 : 01:11:39 AM
Hi bruz unfortunatly I can not help you as I am not to clued up on the topic. Michael Solomins who is also on the forum is quite clued up and I believe will be the only one who will be able to give you advice on how to go about obtaining the full package. Hope you come right and whether or not you do please keep in touch so that we can all help each other in someway or the other.

[?
quote:
Originally posted by bruz

i need to know where i can get the full working xlr8cad software
asap. i had a 30 day evaluation copy and need a work one.
i understand the designer passed away and what agreat loss tothe deisgn community.

if anyone can help please email me

pdcltd@blueyonder.co.uk

or my web site www.plantroom.com

bruz Posted - July 13 2006 : 07:33:30 AM
i need to know where i can get the full working xlr8cad software
asap. i had a 30 day evaluation copy and need a work one.
i understand the designer passed away and what agreat loss tothe deisgn community.

if anyone can help please email me

pdcltd@blueyonder.co.uk

or my web site www.plantroom.com

michael.solomons Posted - May 30 2006 : 02:27:46 AM
FYI the latest version is still available on Cadopolis for people who have it and want the latest version update created 26.10.05, You cannot buy it anymore though so don't try even through Cadopolis.
n/a Posted - May 30 2006 : 01:50:13 AM
quote:
Originally posted by michael.solomons

Hi guys,
I am sorry to have to tell you but Steve passed away just before Christmas 2005, the website stayed active for a while but is now closed down.
I had known steve for about 3.5 years and although we never met I considered him a friend and we would chat often on the phone, I have spoken to Steves wife a couple of times to see if she would be willing to sell us the program so we could continue his great work but to no avail, she would not budge on this and I must respect her wishes.
Steve had a great talent for program writing and expert knowledge of all things drafting, this is why the program had so many great features, its a real shame that it is now lost.
I have an update from 26.10.05 which was the last version created if anyone needs it, you can overwrite your existing program retaining the existing master code, bve aware that if you upgrade yopur AutoCAD with one with a different serial number you will probably not be able to continue with XLR8CAD.

Have a great day.

Hi Michael please pass my sincere condolances onto Steve's wife and familly. From the email correspondances alone I could gather that he was a very pleasant person by nature and it is indeed a great loss that he is gone. I do believe that he was doing great things as far as Autocad goes. Regarding the upgrade you have I would most certainly appreciate a copy of it. However I think I might have picked up a problem with my Xlr8 as it does not want to boot up any more. Maybe if I try and load the upgrade you have it will sort itself out. Many kind Regards Nick
michael.solomons Posted - May 30 2006 : 01:15:11 AM
Hi guys,
I am sorry to have to tell you but Steve passed away just before Christmas 2005, the website stayed active for a while but is now closed down.
I had known steve for about 3.5 years and although we never met I considered him a friend and we would chat often on the phone, I have spoken to Steves wife a couple of times to see if she would be willing to sell us the program so we could continue his great work but to no avail, she would not budge on this and I must respect her wishes.
Steve had a great talent for program writing and expert knowledge of all things drafting, this is why the program had so many great features, its a real shame that it is now lost.
I have an update from 26.10.05 which was the last version created if anyone needs it, you can overwrite your existing program retaining the existing master code, bve aware that if you upgrade yopur AutoCAD with one with a different serial number you will probably not be able to continue with XLR8CAD.
Again if I can help anyone let me know.
Have a great day.
n/a Posted - March 03 2006 : 12:13:04 AM
Hi Simon thanks for the info regarding XLR8 I have also sent a couple of emails to Steve without any reply. Yes I would appreciate it if you could send me the blocks of the hydraulic fittings and should there be any other blocks that you might need let me know as I might have some for you. I take it that you are in the hydrailic field. I am on the mechanical/structural and piping side of things. I am curently employed by Mondi paper in Richards Bay Kwazulu Natal South Africa. Hope you have a great weekend
Simon R Halmshaw Posted - March 02 2006 : 4:20:01 PM
Nick - Not too sure what has happened to the XLR8Cad website, as you say, one day it is working fine and the next day it is gone. I have been trying to contact Steve Bem who owns XLR8Cad to find out why the site is down but I have had no luck so far, if I do get in touch I will post a note here to let people know what is going on.
For XLR8-Cad users that use the block library, I have a number of blocks for hydraulic tube fittings that I can break down and E mail to anyone that wants them.
Thanks

The Hurricane Forum © 2009 - 2021 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000