The Hurricane Forum
The Hurricane Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Hurricane for AutoCAD
 General Discussion
 Translating English to Polish

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Attach a File

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
alfienoakes Posted - May 20 2010 : 06:18:41 AM
Hi everyone,

I wonder if you can help me with this one.

I have a whole bunch of drawings that need to be translated from English to Polish (I don't speak Polish).

I have been given a spreadsheet with the English and Polish words in adjacent columns. I can copy and paste the words from the spreadsheet into AutoCAD and the special charaters come out correctly. But this will be a very long process.

When I use Hurricanes "Search and Replace Text" Wizzard the special characters come out as "?" question marks and that's what Hurricane puts in the drawing.

Eg:
PUNKT NASTAWCZY PRĘDKOŚCI (it means SPEED SETPOINT)
comes out as:
PUNKT NASTAWCZY PR?DKO?CI

Any help as to how I can do this using Hurricane on a batch basis would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Robbie

4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
alfienoakes Posted - May 28 2010 : 3:13:11 PM
I will try it on another PC. But just for the record the characters paste OK into Notepad and into an AutoCAD drawing. But on testing today I fountd that the charaters come out as question marks in the AutoCAD command line.
Admin Posted - May 28 2010 : 12:06:15 PM
I've tested this a number of ways, and I can't reproduce your issue. I can copy, paste into and back out of the Hurricane interface. I can save and recall the script with the special characters intact.

I would suspect it is something specific to your PC... Could you try this on another PC to confirm?

Thanks,
Bill
alfienoakes Posted - May 28 2010 : 07:56:48 AM
Sorry Bill I should have been a bit clearer.

It's Hurricane that changes the character.

Cut from Excel INWERTER CZĘSTOTLIWOŚCI turns into INWERTER CZ?STOTLIWO?CI when pasted into a Hurricane wizard or the editor or the user script window.

Robbie
Admin Posted - May 26 2010 : 07:59:54 AM
Hi Robbie,

The "search and replace text wizard" uses the "/LISP/REPTEXT.LSP" file to do the text substitutions.

I would start by analyzing what is going on in the lisp file, as it must be something to do with that. The special Polish characters aren't being recognized, and it may be something simple (like your systems region settings), or something a bit more complicated like the actual guts of the lisp file.

I'm no lisp expert, but those are the only two things that could possibly be the fix.

I hope that helps!?
Bill

The Hurricane Forum © 2009 - 2021 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000