The Hurricane Forum
The Hurricane Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 AutoCAD
 Lisp & Other Handy Files
 REFEDIT

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Attach a File

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
cwthomas80 Posted - November 28 2005 : 12:41:34 PM
I found a way to change my text in my block by using the REFEDITE command. But I'm having trouble making a script to pick the block and then select the text and save the information. Is there a script out there that can do this using the REFEDIT command?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Phil Posted - October 20 2008 : 11:48:10 AM
The following script will allow you modify mtext in a block using the REFEDIT command:

-REFEDIT
OK
ALL
YES

-VBALOAD "$HUR_PATH$LISP/Mtext.dvb"
-VBARUN MTEXT.SearchAndReplace
text to be changed
changed text
VBAUNLOAD "$HUR_PATH$LISP/Mtext.dvb"
;-------------
REFCLOSE
save

QSAVE

The second line is a location somewhere on the block so that the block is selected as the reference. You may also need to change the filedia to 0.
Admin Posted - November 28 2005 : 4:29:27 PM
Hi Curt,

Things aren't going to be easy when selecting blocks. There are a few methods, like using the SSX command (do a search for it here in the forums), as well as using the "select w" and specifying a window (if your blocks are in the same place everytime).

Sorry, there is nothing built-in to AutoCAD that helps with this situation that I know of...

Regards,
Bill
cwthomas80 Posted - November 28 2005 : 4:21:55 PM
Bill, Yes I did try the -REFEDIT. But I have to select the block that has the text I need to change. How do I list that procedure in a script? Also, after I pick the block. I have to slect the text that I need to change and use TEDIT. Then I need to close REFEDIT procedure. This looks like a very complex procedure. Guess I'll have to do this manually. I have to change about 70 drawings. If you can think of something that will help speed this up let me know.
Admin Posted - November 28 2005 : 3:08:20 PM
Hi,

Have you tried -REFEDIT (with the minus sign?)

Regards,
Bill

The Hurricane Forum © 2009 - 2021 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000