|T O P I C R E V I E W
||Posted - November 04 2016 : 11:02:03 AM
I'm trying to 're-use' text from a titleblock.attribute because I want to note down the old document number and the revision letter it had before re-issueing it at revision A.
Something in the line of these steps:
1) Read the Titleblock-text-Revision value > $OLDREV$
2) Update the Titleblock-text-revision value with A
3) Update the Titleblock-text-dwgderivedfrom value with $FILENAME$ REV $OLDREV$
|2 L A T E S T R E P L I E S (Newest First)
||Posted - January 05 2018 : 3:29:53 PM
I'm trying to accomplish a similar thing as Chris. This code from lee-mac doesn't work for me though. Any other suggestions by any chance?
||Posted - November 09 2016 : 2:19:52 PM
This is something I've been thinking about implementing for quite some time. It would definitely require several steps...
1) Call a lisp (in batch) to generate (& append to) a CSV (or other editable text file), with extracted attribute data.
2) Ability to sort/edit the file (Excel?)
3) Apply any changes back into the DWG files.
I've found this workaround using very nice code from lee-mac, and seems that it might suit your needs for the time being. I haven't had a chance to test this...
Hopefully you can modify to suit your needs.